Malnutrition means when your body does not get enough nutrients like protein, vitamins, fat, and other required amount of nutrients to grow the body. To define malnutrition more clearly, we can understand it as lack of nutritious diet in our meal like iron, vitamin, and mineral as well.
There are many people in the world who do get enough nutrients or balance diet because of the various reasons like lack of resources such as lack of vegetables, lack of grain and lack of meat are also one of the great reasons before the people. Let us have a look at reasons of malnutrition.
- Less nutritious diet: Most people in the world do not get adequate nutrients from their food because of their less nutrient diet which makes their health worse that is why they get affected by various diseases.
- Low intake of food: There are many people who do have enough food but because of some allergy, they can't consume a certain set of food which makes them Apart from this, there are many reasons of low intake of food like cancer, liver disease and nausea.
- Mental issue: There are many mental diseases which can also become one of the major reasons of malnutrition because many people suffer from various diseases like dementia, schizophrenia and depression, as a result, they do not get enough food which becomes a reasons of malnutrition.
- Digestive diseases: There are many diseases which impact our digestive system like liver and intestines which make our health worse.
- Use of Alcohol: Use of alcohol is also one of the major issues for poor health which in turn becomes the reason of malnutrition.
What Are The Main Types Of Malnutrition?
Malnutrition is the major problem of the world. There are many people in the world who suffer from malnutrition. Let us have a look at all the types of malnutrition.
- Under nutrition: Under nutrition is considered when one does not get adequate nutrition hence it creates some health issues, such as underweight, stunting and wasting. Most children in the world, mostly from Africa are considered under nutrition.
- Over nutrition: There are many people in the world who fall under over nutrition category because of heavy intake of calories; protein and fat which tends to over nutrition hence you need to have balanced diet to avoid obesity.
What Is The Most Common Type Of Malnutrition?
There are many people who suffer from micronutrients because micronutrients are not found in wheat and rice. In addition to this, micronutrients are not easily available everywhere in the world because of geographical reasons. However, there are many people do not have excess to iron which is one of the most required micronutrients for the wellbeing of the our health.
What Are The Effects Of Malnutrition For Human Health?
Malnutrition is the ample consumption of nutrients or less consumption of nutrients lead a person to malnutrition; however, there are many people who are living their life just by having one time meal which is very disappointing. The effects of malnutrition can be easily understood by having considering below mentioned points.
- Diabetes: Diabetes is one of the most probable diseases found all over the world because of malnutrition hence one need to have some nutrient rich food in diet. Apart from this, there are many people who are suffering from this disease because of excess intake of nutrient.
- Weight loss: weight loss is a result of malnutrition. It happens because of less nutrients in their diet.
- Stunting: There are many children in the world who do not get enough nutrients are considered under the malnutrition.
- Mothers affected to malnutrition cannot feed their children.
What Is Malnutrition Disease?
Malnutrition diseases are one of those diseases which are caused by lack of nutrition and scarcity of protein, vitamin and fat and the person who lacks all these nutrients might get affected by various diseases like obesity, weight loss and fatigue hence patients are recommended to have some protein and vitamins which can help them from these severe diseases. Let us have a look at some important types of malnutrition diseases which will help in understanding the causes of malnutrition diseases.
- Quashiorkor: This is one of those diseases which is caused by the lack of nutrients hence patients are required to have some nutrient like protein, fat and vitamin from best available sources.
- Marasmus: This is also one of the diseases which caused due to the deficiency of protein hence patients must be careful in choosing their diet plan to protect themselves from this disease.
- Anaemia: It is also one of those diseases which is caused due to the deficiency of iron. The people who do not have iron in their diet might get affected from this deficiency hence they must include iron supplements in their diet which can protect them from this disease hence patients are required to have iron which is the best source of spinach.
- Osteoporosis: It also one of the disease which is caused due to the lack of nutrient in diet hence they need to have good diet in their food.
- Cancer: The people who do not take good amount of protein in their diet hence they are required to have good source of protein in their diet which can help them in curing the cancer disease.
- Cardiovascular diseases: cardiovascular diseases are also caused due to the lack of nutritious diet in their meal which becomes reason for the cardiovascular diseases hence they need to have protein, vitamin and fat acids in diet that why patients are required to have all these recommended nutrition in the diet.